By default, emails sent from Lightfolio will be sent from the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s an example of what it will look like to your client: Acme Photography <email@example.com>
To personalize this, you can easily update your email settings so that the client will see your business or personal email address instead of the default Lightfolio email address.
Connecting Your Email Account
- Log into your Lightfolio account.
- From the homepage, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Select About Me from the drop-down menu.
In the right column under Email Settings, click on Add Email Account. Fill out the following info for the email address you are adding to your Lightfolio account:
- Email Provider: Select the name of your provider such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.
- Email Address: Type in the email address you are adding
- Display Name: Type in the name you want displayed to clients when emailing them (i.e. “Acme Photography”).
- Signature: Type in what you want automatically displayed at the end of your emails (i.e. “Thank you, Acme Photography”).
- Add new paragraph
- Active Account: If you would like to send outgoing emails from this email address without leaving the Lightfolio platform, select this box.
- Click on Save.
Using a Gmail account
If you are using a Gmail account, there’s an additional step to authorize your Gmail account. Click on Save & Authorize Gmail and you will be redirected to your Gmail account page to confirm the following:
Lightfolio wants to access your Google Account, This will allow Lightfolio to:
- Send email on your behalf
- To authorize your Gmail account with the Lightfolio platform, click on Allow.
- If you ever want to remove this access, just follow these instructions from Google to remove Lightfolio’s access.
Using a Custom account
If you are using a custom email account, additional info is needed to complete the email setup. You will need to enter the following:
- Your email password
- IMAP settings
- SMTP settings
IMAP and SMTP server settings can be found with company hosting your custom email account.